EAD delayed/lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD delayed/lost

I applied for my OPT in October 2004 and my employment authorization based on the F1 status was approved. The approval notice dated 19th Jan '05 was received by me. However I did not receive the EAD card. When I contacted the INS I was told that there is a 30 day window (from the appoval date) for them to act upon the case of not receiving a document. Today when I contacted them I was told that a Non-Delivery notice referral has been assigned to my case and I will have to wait for another 30 days. If I don't receive any information on it till then, I will have to re-apply and make a fresh application. I was also given the option of making the new application right away.

If there is anyone who has had a similar situation of not having received the card after approval, please let me know how the issue was resolved.

Rao

I am having a similar problem
    Well I applied for an OPT in November, I receive a receipt confirmation, the weird thing was the address was wrong, but somehow I received it, then I got an approval notice on-line but the mail was nos delivered because of the wrong address, then I asked for a change of address, in spite of that was their mistake.

We are already in march, and there is no answer, and I do not know how much more this is going to take.

Ricardo

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X