Any more red flags for my case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any more red flags for my case?

Hey guys, I'm applying for an F-1 visa for my master's program in Canada (not my home country). I feel like there are some red flags in my case even though I have been complying with all laws and regulations all the time. Can anyone please help take a look if my proof is sufficient and clear enough to justify my situation during the visa interview?

Red flag (1): I have been unemployed for more than a year.
    Justification: I got an open work permit in Canada (it's like a normal work permit but you don't necessarily have to be employed) but I never got employed (I tried so hard tho). My parents fully supported my living and travel expenses, and education in the past years and they will continue to do so in the future. They both have stable and well-paid jobs in my home country.
    Supporting documents:
    - My parents' bank statements
    - My parents' proof of employment

Red flag (2): I have been staying in the US with my visitor's visa for most of the time for a year.
    Justification: I have traveled between Canada and the US multiple times over the year to visit my close friend, staying for 1-5 months each time (but never overstaying). My close friend has provided great emotional comfort for me when my mood illness was triggered (esp. during unemployment).
    Supporting documents:
    - Diagnosis letter from my psychiatrist back in my home country some years ago

Red flag (3): I have not been returning to my home country for more than a year.
    Justification: I initially planned to move to Canada with an open work permit. I hope to seek employment opportunities and develop my career in Canada or my home country after I have graduated from the master's program.
    Supporting documents:
    - Work permit

My situation is a bit complicated so it'd not be easy for me to explain in a few words (I tried to keep it short). I'm trying to provide as much proof as possible for the officer to understand my situation, but still I'm not sure if I have missed anything.

I appreciate if you guys could help and see if there are any more potential red flags for my case. Thanks so much!

Hi there! It sounds like you have a few concerns about potential red flags for your F-1 visa application for your master's program in Canada. First of all, I think it's great that you're being proactive about gathering supporting documents to justify your situation. It's important to provide as much information as possible to the visa officer during your interview.

Regarding your concerns, here are a few things to keep in mind:

Red flag (1): Unemployment for more than a year. Justification: It's good that you have documentation to show that your parents have been supporting you financially during this time. I would also recommend providing any additional documentation that shows what you've been doing during this time, such as any volunteer work or courses you may have taken.

Red flag (2): Staying in the US with a visitor's visa for most of the time for a year. Justification: It's great that you've never overstayed your visa during your visits to the US. It may be helpful to provide additional documentation to show that you have ties to your home country, such as property ownership, family members living in your home country, or a job offer waiting for you after you complete your master's program.

Red flag (3): Not returning to your home country for more than a year. Justification: Having an open work permit and planning to seek employment opportunities in Canada or your home country after you complete your master's program is a good plan. However, it may be helpful to provide additional documentation to show that you plan to return to your home country after your program is complete, such as a job offer waiting for you or a plan to start your own business.

Overall, it's important to be honest and transparent
    omeglz during online2yu your visa interview, and to provide as much supporting documentation as possible to justify your situation. Good luck with your application!

Last edited by KunjogLinigharl; 08-28-2023, 06:19 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X