Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error After Submitting Payment

Hello everyone,
    I'm applying for a student visa through the I-539 form. I filled the application online and when I submitted the payment, I got an error message (I don't quite remember what the error was) and was not able to submit the payment, no payment was deducted from my credit card, I got no case number, etc. I did see a notice saying that I should allow 24 hours but it's been over a week since this happened.
    When I log in to my account, all I see is a message saying "i-539 application to extend/change nonimmigrant status. You may not take any action at this time. Below, there is a notice saying "Expires July 30, 2023"

Has anyone heard about this issue and could provide any help on a solution? My local USCIS office has no help line or way to make an appointment without a case number.
    Thank you in advance for the help.

I'm not familiar with this specific issue, I can offer some suggestions to help you find a solution.

Firstly, it's advisable to check your credit card statement to ensure that no payment was deducted. If no payment was made, it's possible that the error prevented the transaction from being processed. In such cases, you may need to attempt the payment again or explore alternative payment methods provided by the USCIS.

Since it has been over a week and you have not received a case number or any updates, it's crucial to follow up on your application's status. While your local USCIS office may not have a direct help line or appointment system without a case number, you can try reaching out to them via email or through the USCIS website's contact form. Provide them with your application details and explain the situation, emphasizing the error you encountered during payment.

Additionally, you can seek assistance from a qualified immigration attorney or an accredited representative who can guide you through the application process and help resolve any issues you may be facing. They have experience in dealing with USCIS matters and can provide you with valuable advice and support.

Lastly, consider reaching out to other individuals who have gone through the same application process or posting your query on relevant forums or social media groups. They might have encountered similar issues and can offer insights or suggestions based on their experiences.

Remember, it's important to stay proactive and persistent when seeking a resolution. I wish you the best of luck in resolving this issue and successfully completing your student visa application.

Comment

While your local office might not have direct appointments without a case number, you can still try to schedule an Infopass appointment through the USCIS website. Sometimes, these appointments allow you to discuss issues like the one you’re experiencing directly with an officer. slither io

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X