144 TWOV Minimum Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 144 TWOV Minimum Stay

Hi everyone, I have a 23 hour overnight layover in Shanghai PVG (landing in PVG at 17:00 and leaving at 16:00 the next day). My route is ICN-PVG-TPE with an American passport so I know that I am eligible for the 144 hour TWOV. My question is as follows: I have heard of the border guards not wanting to process TWOV for very short stays, instead omegle xender​ having people stay at the airport. Is there any chance this happens to me (obviously I know nobody has a crystal ball and I’m not guaranteed entry)? I would hate to spend the night at the airport and I’d love to see the city. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by astuk; 09-28-2023, 03:03 PM.

There is a chance that the border guards may not want to process a TWOV for a very short stay, such as a 23-hour overnight layover. However, this is not a guarantee. The border guards have the final say on whether or not to grant a TWOV, and they may take into account factors such as your nationality, passport validity, onward travel plans, and proof of funds.

Here are some tips for increasing your chances of getting a TWOV for a short stay:
    • Have a valid onward travel ticket. This shows that you do not intend to overstay your visa.
    • Have proof of funds to support yourself during your stay. This could include a bank statement, credit card statement, or traveler's checks.
    • Be prepared to answer questions about your travel plans. Why are you visiting China? What do you plan to do during your stay?
    • Be polite and respectful to the border guards.

If the border guards do not want to process a TWOV for you, you will have to stay at the airport. There are a few hotels located in the airport, as well as a number of restaurants and shops.

Here are some things you can do to make your overnight stay at the airport more comfortable:
    • Bring a sleeping bag or pillow.
    • Bring a book or magazine to read.
    • Bring a phone charger.
    • Bring a toothbrush and toothpaste.
    • Get a massage at one of the airport spas.
    • Take a nap in one koows of echat the airport lounges.

I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your travels!
    Last edited by NeerMohan; 09-28-2023, 05:34 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X