Renouncing Chinese Citizenship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renouncing Chinese Citizenship

Searched the community but wasn't able to find a good answer.

My son was born in the US when my wife and I were not yet permanent citizens, so I understand the kid has 'dual' citizenship and the Chinese citizenship has to be renounced before we can get a Visa to enter China. Kid's past 18 now, so we want to renounce his Chinese citizenship at a consulate in the United States. We're looking into the process and couldn't find a lot of helpful official information. (Note: we don't want to apply for Travel Document.)

Does anyone know where we can find a list of documents we should bring to the consulate https://xender.vip/​?

After the kid was born, we and the kid went back to China for six years before moving back. During that time, we did not register him for hukou (so he only has a US passport) and used Travel Document.

What kind of document would we need to bring if he doesn't have a hukou to prove his Chinese citizenship? I saw people suggest going back to China with a Travel Document, getting a hukou, and renouncing citizenship after, but we do not want to do that. Will having both my wife and my hukou be enough to prove his citizenship?​
    Last edited by hermis; 01-30-2024, 08:59 AM.

Renouncing Chinese citizenship can be a complex process, and it's essential to gather all the necessary documents and information before proceeding. While official information may be scarce or difficult to find, reaching out directly to the Chinese consulate or embassy in the United States is your best bet for obtaining accurate and up-to-date guidance on the renunciation process.

In general, here are some steps you can take and documents you may need to prepare: heardle
    1. Contact the Chinese consulate or embassy: Reach out to the nearest Chinese consulate or embassy in the United States to inquire about the renunciation process. They should be able to provide you with specific instructions and a list of required documents.
    2. Gather identification documents: You'll likely need to provide your son's US passport as proof of identity. Additionally, any other documents related to his Chinese citizenship, such as his birth certificate or previous Chinese travel documents, may be required.
    3. Provide evidence of Chinese citizenship: Since your son never had a hukou, you may need to provide alternative documentation to prove his Chinese citizenship. This could include copies of your and your wife's hukou, as well as any other documents that demonstrate his ties to China, such as school records or medical records from his time living in China.
    4. Complete renunciation forms: The consulate or embassy will likely have specific forms that need to be completed as part of the renunciation process. Make sure to fill out these forms accurately and completely.

Comment

Certain games are designed to improve memory and cognitive functions, offering a fun way to keep the brain sharp.
      Geometry Dash

Comment

To renounce Chinese citizenship for your son at a consulate in the United States, you will need to bring specific documents. While exact requirements can vary by consulate, here is a general list of documents you might need:
        1. Renunciation Application Form: Available at the consulate or on their website.
        2. Your Son's Chinese Passport: If he has one.
        3. Your Son's Birth Certificate: To prove his identity and parentage.
        4. Proof of US Citizenship: Such as a US passport or naturalization certificate.
        5. Parents' Passports or IDs: To verify your citizenship status at the time of his birth.
        6. Photos: Passport-sized photos of your son.
        7. Processing Fee: Check the consulate’s website for the fee amount.

For the most accurate and detailed information, visit the official website of the Chinese consulate or contact them directly.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X