Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on renewing/getting F-1 visa in Canada

I have several questions:

I’m a Russian citizen. I’m currently a graduate student in the USA getting my Ph.D. in Computer Science. I came to the USA by a single entry F-1 visa which expired more than 4 years ago. I’m currently staying in the US on my I-20 which is valid till May 2008. I have a full graduate assistantship, which means that my department pays me a stipend and my tuition fee.

I want to visit my parents in Russia and come back to the US after that to continue my studies. I’ve heard that the American embassy in Moscow doesn’t give visas to many people these days. I want to try to go to Canada to get a new multiple entry F-1 visa there.

I have following questions:
    1) Can I actually get a multiple entry F-1 visa from Canada or must I go to my home country which is Russia?
    2) If my visa is rejected in Canada, can I come back to the US on my I-20.
    3) How should I prove that I’m not a potential immigrant? In reality I would like to immigrate to the US at some point. I haven’t been to Russia for more than 4 years. I have a new car in the US etc. The only thing I have in Russia is my Parents and my sister.

I would appreciate any advice.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X