Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f2 visa- need immediate help required

Hi,

my fiance is on opt status on full time position and is coming to india for marriage. I would be applying fr f2 visa. can anyone tell me

1. what are the chances of getiing the visa approved?
    2. what all documents should i carry?
    3. some sample questions and answers that the visa officer may ask?
    4. any additional tips.

Please reply as i would be appearing fr the interview soon..
    Last edited by komal0604; 01-23-2011, 01:57 AM.

You should be prepared to answer how you will spend time in the US since you will not be allowed to study or work. You should also know why you will come back to home country after your spouse finishes OPT.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thanks for your reply..can you please suggest that i am currently working with a good company right now and i can get letter from the company which would allow me to join back after 6 months and till that time i can work remotely. though that income would not fulfill basic needs but still would guarantee employment after 6 months.

So this way both the questions can be responded.. do u think this way i have chances of getting the visa approved?

Comment

hi,
        you need to carry ur n ur husband's I20, ur husband's appointment letter, passport photo copy of u n ur husband, ur marriage proofs.

i had my f2 visa inteview on 14th jan but i got rejected......
        the questions which were askd to me were
        1. why do u want to go to Us?
        2. what is ur husband studying? (My husband is on OPT and is working)
        3. his OPT is valid till?
        4. when did u get married?
        thats it..........

i think it all depends on the mood of visa consulate if they want to give visa or not.

Comment

thanks vigya2609 for sharing ur exp...

do u know anyone who has achieved success in obtaining f2??? will u try again??

can anyone suggest which one has better chances to be accepted f1 or f2??

Comment

Originally posted by komal0604 View Post
            thanks vigya2609 for sharing ur exp...

do u know anyone who has achieved success in obtaining f2??? will u try again??

can anyone suggest which one has better chances to be accepted f1 or f2??
            ya m gonna apply again after my husband gets his OPt extended...... probably by feb end

Comment

Originally posted by komal0604 View Post
              thanks for your reply..can you please suggest that i am currently working with a good company right now and i can get letter from the company which would allow me to join back after 6 months and till that time i can work remotely. though that income would not fulfill basic needs but still would guarantee employment after 6 months.

So this way both the questions can be responded.. do u think this way i have chances of getting the visa approved?
              Working (even offshore/remotely) is not allowed in F2 status. But an employer letter about such leave of absense will be useful.
              This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
                Working (even offshore/remotely) is not allowed in F2 status. But an employer letter about such leave of absense will be useful.
                can you suggest me wat shud i answer regarding what will i do in US?? what are the chances of getting f-2 approved coz i hv seen lot many cases of denials. so do u think its a gud idea to go ahead with f-2??

your help is highly appreciated...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X