Please help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help...

Hi, I have completed my first masters in Fall 2010 and I applied for my second Masters from the same school. My I-20 for second masters was issued in the first week of Feb 2011 and I have registered for 9 credits for Spring 2011.

Does it mean to say that once my I-20 has been issued I'm in full time F1 status. Please pardon my ignorance and let me know if I'm in status. Really appreciate your kind help. People say different things and I'm really scared.

Please help

If there was no break in status (OPT is still F1 status), then you are in F1 status. Check with your school's DSO if your SEVIS record is active.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I didn't apply for OPT and directly applied for second masters thinking that I will have 60 day grace period. I finished my masters in Fall 2010 end date is Dec 31 2010. I was told that I-20 can be issued only if the Sevis is active.

I will contact my DSO today itself. Thanks and please let me know if you have any other inputs for me.

Comment

I think you should be fine in this case. Do discuss this with DSO.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks a lot. God Bless !!

Comment

I have contacted my DSO and she said my Sevis is active for my new masters and I'm registered with 9 credit to ensure a full time F1 status.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X