Need desperate help please please respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need desperate help please please respond

I am in F-1 status in third semester. I took only 2 courses in second semester with permission from DSO ( REDUCED COURSE LOAD ) . After that in this semester I took 3 courses to maintain full credit status. ( full credit means 9 credit hours or three subjects)
    My question is-
    Can i drop one course in this semester by auditing? ( Auditing one course )
    I have already received permission from DSO and course instructor to audit that course, but even through i got the permission from international center, will I be in any kind of trouble regarding my F-1 status?? Is there any steadfast rule against this process???
    Can a student use both reduced course load and auditing a course in consecutive semesters?

If you have received permission from your DSO and an update page 3 of I-20 showing reduced course load, you should be fine.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thanks kabkaba

You are very kind
      this is the 3rd suggestion i got from you
      may i submit my audit form in register office ? I got all signs on that form but i am afraid to submit the form.
      Because last semester ( 2nd semester ) i took 2 courses by reduced course load and in this semester ( 3rd semester ) i took 3 courses and planning to drop one course by auditing. I made everything DSO permission, instructor sign.

Is it possible one student use both reduced course load and auditing class in consecutive semesters? (WITH DSO PERMISSION)
      TO KABKABA
      please say yes for my question if it possible or no if it is not possible
      sorry for asking again

Comment

If audit is considered as less than full-time in your school, you will have to get written permission to change to audit from the DSO. If approved you will be fine.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thanks kabkaba

Thank you very much
          I got the permission from my DSO in the last semester (reduced course load) and in the present semester ( audit the class ).
          Tomorrow I will submit my audit form
          Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X