Student visa extension to get OPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student visa extension to get OPT?

Hello everyone! I'm glad to have seen this forum.

I am in an F1 student visa, from the Philippines, approved from March 2011 to Dec. 2011. I want to extend to the Spring 2012 so I can get that OPT, and get some work experience, instead of just a baccalaureate and having to go through what seems a hectic H1-b visa situation in the US.

My questions are:
    1. If I extend to Spring 2012, will I get OPT?
    2. What will be the basis of this extension? I have completed my core hours, but I want to take business management and Spanish that I believe will help me in my field.

Thanks in advance!

Visa duration (in your passport) has nothing to do with your duration of stay in the US, you can stay beyond Visa expiry and complete OPT. Contact your school's international student adviser. They will tell you all about OPT.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Visa duration (in your passport) has nothing to do with your duration of stay in the US, you can stay beyond Visa expiry and complete OPT. Contact your school's international student adviser. They will tell you all about OPT.
      Thanks kabkaba. I will contact my adviser, and will let you know. I appreciate it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X