Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 Visa for Spouse

Hello All,
    I am working full time on OPT-X, expiring in Nov 2011. My H1-B will be processed in July 2011. I plan to apply for F2 visa for my spouse some time in end April or early May time frame, so that she can be here in July.
    1) What financial documents should she carry apart from bank statements? I have bank statements from Bank of America with savings more that ~20K.
    2) Should I send copies of my pay stubs, OPT-X card, Offer Letter?
    2) Is I-134 needed? I am not a US citizen but I am in US for past 3 years for study and now work.
    3) For the question in DS 160 regarding duration of stay, I entered 5 months (July - Nov). Would the visa would be rejected for the small duration? or should she mention that my H1 would be filed in July?

Please comment. Any additional advise is always welcome.

Thanks!

Originally posted by F12H1 View Post
    Hello All,
    I am working full time on OPT-X, expiring in Nov 2011. My H1-B will be processed in July 2011. I plan to apply for F2 visa for my spouse some time in end April or early May time frame, so that she can be here in July.
    1) What financial documents should she carry apart from bank statements? I have bank statements from Bank of America with savings more that ~20K.
    She should show funds according to dependent I-20.
    2) Should I send copies of my pay stubs, OPT-X card, Offer Letter?
    Yes.
    2) Is I-134 needed? I am not a US citizen but I am in US for past 3 years for study and now work.
    Not needed.
    3) For the question in DS 160 regarding duration of stay, I entered 5 months (July - Nov). Would the visa would be rejected for the small duration? or should she mention that my H1 would be filed in July?
    No. Nov is fine.
    Please comment. Any additional advise is always welcome.

Thanks!
    She should have convincing and true answers as to why both of you will come back after completing your OPT, how she will spend time in the US etc.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba

Thank you!

Comment

Two Passports

Hello,
        Following up on the initial list of questions. My spouse has an old passport on which she had visited Singapore for a leisure trip. Should she be carrying the old passport to the embassy?

Thanks,

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba

Thanks Kabaka! The turnaround time is amazing.

Comment

Visa Approved but DOB wrong.

Hello,
              My wife's visa did get approved on April 26 and she got her passport today. The DOB is wrong in the visa. I checked the DS-160 that I had filled out and it's a mistake on my part. How should I change this? I am from Pune, Maharashtra and the US Embassy where she interviewed is in Mumbai. There is a VFS center in Pune, FYI.

Thanks,

PS: I will post the questions that were asked in a separate post.

Comment

Call up VFS and send an email to the US consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X