Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name change when on f1 visa

Hi

I am an Indian national with F1 student visa. I want to do two corrections in my Indian passport:
    1. I want to change my name. I want to add my last name since it was not there on my passport and hence I am facing a lot of problems here.

2. I want to change my address in passport. The permanant address given at the time of Passport issue has changed. Can I do the following corrections here in US?

I had already filed for a petition and have my court orders(in US) for a name change. What all documents would I need to change my name on my passport here at an Indian consulate? Also, would I need to get a new Visa aswell?
    Finally, do I need to get it changed on indian passport and visa before I get changed it in social security card?

Any help/ information in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
    p.s. Incase you are an incoming student please do get your passport information corrected from India before you apply for Visa etc.

more questions

Hi,

I have the same problem, I am just starting the process so instead of having an answer to your question, I have more questions....
    1. what all documents were required for the court petition?
    2. Did you have to get a legal add printed in a news paper here also or in india only?

It will be great if you could help me with this!

- Samiksha

Comment

Same Problem

Hi

I am facing a similar problem. Can you please advise that at what stage is your case at?

Thanks
      Bilal

Comment

Same Problem

Hi

I am facing a similar problem and want to make similar changes in my passport as well.
        Can you please advise at what stage is your case at?

Thanks
        Bilal

Comment

Change my name in I-94

my name in i-94 differrent with my name in passport.how can i change it and where i can come to apply?

Thanks.

Comment

Name on passport changed

Hi my name on my passport and I-20 has changed because of the change in my birth certificate. How can I get a new visa with my new name?

Thanks.

Namira

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X