Emergency: My passport is expired soon and I need to go back home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency: My passport is expired soon and I need to go back home

Hi I am an international student w F-1 visa.

Currently, I have some emergency which I need to go back to Hong Kong for 2 weeks. However, my passport (BNO) is expired in July, but there is not enough for me to renew while I am back to Hong Kong. And I know that Hong Kong and UK are two of the countries that are exempt the 6-month validity rule. But is it the same situation with F-1 visa? I am so sure (I called the British Embrassy) that I can renew my passport in the US.

So here is my question, will I be able to entry to the US with less than 6-month valid passport when I am F-1 visa holder?

Thanks

Originally posted by belebalala View Post
    Hi I am an international student w F-1 visa.

Currently, I have some emergency which I need to go back to Hong Kong for 2 weeks. However, my passport (BNO) is expired in July, but there is not enough for me to renew while I am back to Hong Kong.
    If your passport already expired in July, you cannot travel. Period.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      If your passport already expired in July, you cannot travel. Period.
      My passport will be expired in July 2011. So still possible to come back?

Comment

If it is July 2011, why can't you get it renewed in the US?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X