Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with DS-160 Form

Hello,

I have been to US on F-1 visa from Aug 2007-Oct 2010 (approx 2 yrs for my Masters and the 1 yr on OPT). I'm back in India since Oct 2010. During my Masters I was a paid intern for 10 months and a teaching assistant for 5 months and during my OPT, I was employed for 2 months in one organization and 1 month in another.

Now, I am going to start my PhD this fall and am in the process of applying for my F-1 visa and had a few queries about the questions in DS-160 form which are as follows:

1. Since I filled in my taxes in US, should I have a US taxpayer ID?

2. I visited India in 2008 Dec for a month. What should I answer to the question of previous US visits? Should I divide my length of stay into before and after my india visit or combine it into one US visit of 3 yrs? Does it really matter how I put it?

3. I do not remember if I had been ten-printed or not. Is it all right if I just write no to the question of being ten-printed?

4. Whose contact information should I give? school official's or friend/family in US?

5. When the form asks for work experience, should I write down all of the above (mentioned in 1st para here) since I paid taxes in all of them? The reason I am asking this is I read somewhere that a person's F-1 visa was refused because he had worked in his OPT in his previous stint as a F-1 student.

6. It is asking me for contact information of two persons in my country of residence who can verify my intent to study in US (not family or friends).
    Should I provide information of only professional contacts?

Thanks in advance for your help..

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X