Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 visa rejected once.

Hi,

I recently graduated as an MBa from a US based school. I got a management job and have started working as a manager. I was in India for my internship from Jan 2011 to April 2011 and also got married. I applied for my wife's visa in Mumbai consulate.
    My I 20 mentioned that I was graduating in May 2011 but I told my wife to tell the officer that I was graduating in August since I planned to take summer courses. Also, I was in India at the time of my wife's interview and my wife couldn't show my job offer letter to the officer. I guess on these grounds her visa was rejected.
    I am planning to apply for F2 visa one more time in August. I will get all documents done which won't be any issue. Please suggest me what all other things I should do.
    (Please no vulgar comments!!)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have you gotten your I-20 extended? Do both your I-20's show the new program end date? Do you have OPT EAD card? Your wife needs convincing and true answers to questions like 'what will you do while in the US?, what are your plans after coming back?' etc.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Yeah, I have got my I-20's extended and they show the new program end date (i.e. the opt period). I got my OPT EAD card and have started working which is a full time management job.
      Yeah, we are prepared to answer these questions but my concern is whether we may face any problem because the visa was rejected once.

Comment

Unfortunately yes.
        She may be asked what new evidence she has right away. She should prepare property documents etc. and convincing answers like above.

Comment

One more question.

I read on this forum that sending letter and supporting documents to consulate for convincing them that we will return to India helps. Do you think that I should send a letter and documents to the embassy. Would it help anyway?

Comment

Also I am planning to take Marathi interview for my wife for her comfort. She is good at english. But opting for marathi interview is anywhere going to hurt the application?

Comment

It will not hurt at all. Normally sending documents of support does not help, they may not even open those.
              As stated before she must have convincing answers. She should also be able to answer how she will spend her time in the US since she is not allowed to work or study.

Comment

Hai

Hai Nil I was wondering if i can get your email adress. So that i can put some questions to you in my email. I will be very greatful to you if can leave a blank email with your name on the following email adress

Comment

Hi Nil

Hai

Comment

Don't put your personal email here. Anybody in the world can see it. There is something called personal message.

Comment

What kind of questions do you think they would specifically stress on apart from what you have mentioned earlier. Also, instead of the letter if I send email with bunch of supporting documents, would it work? Thanks a ton.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X