State of Residence for F1 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Residence for F1 Visa

I am staying in Pune since last 4 years for my job. However, my family stays in Himachal Pradesh. My permanent address is of Himachal Pradesh only. Also this is address which I have on my passport. All my financial documents are prepared from the banks in Himachal Pradesh.

In such case, can I select the "State of my Residence" as Himachal Pradesh and apply for F1 Visa in Delhi Embassy.

The reason I am asking this question is that in the Visa appointment page the following statement is mentioned -

"The state of residence should be the last state where you have lived for at least six months.".

My preference is for Delhi. Also I need to schedule my interview date soon. Please suggest.

Enter Maharashtra as state of residence and your current address as your home address. Mailing and permanent addresses can be different. According to new rules Indian citizens can apply for their Visas at any consulate/embassy in India and so even if you enter any state you will see appointment dates for all consulates/embassy.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks a lot kabkaba for your quick reply. I think that helps.

Could you please let me know when this new visa rule was came into effect?
      If you could provide any reference link that would be much appreciated.

Comment

Check out any of US consulate/embassy in India websites.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X