Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for applying F2 visa

Hi all,

I am currently working on OPT and my OPT started in July this year. I am supposed to get married in January next year. I need to apply for spouse visa F2 for my would be wife. Please tell me about the documents that I would need to file for her visa. All help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone would know, how much chances are there for the F2 visa approval?

Thanks much in advance.

First get a dependent I-20 from your school. The school may ask for proof of available funds. Next prepare proof of available funds (bank statements) as per the dependent I-20. Your spouse will also need marriage certificate and other ties to home country such as property.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Would the funds in my account in US suffice or do I need to show funds in my parents accounts in India as well? And it would be great if you could tell me an approximate value for the funds. And this might sound a little dumb but do I need to get married before I could ask for a dependent I-20 from my school? I mean we are already engaged but as such there is no legal proof for engagement. Also the property and assets that need to be shown would be just mine and not hers right?
      Thanks again!

Comment

Your school will tell you about how much you need to show. Any bank accounts are fine. It is better if all the money is in your own or your wife's accounts.
        Some schools issue dependent I-20 before marriage and some don't.
        It is her application. So she can show both of yours property.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies! What about my employment information? I would be providing a copy of my pay-stubs to my wife but do I need any other type of document from my employer?
          Thanks again!

Comment

A letter from the employer confirming your employment and recent paystubs should be good. This is to prove that you are maintaining your status by not being unemployed for more than 90 days. It will also help if the letter states how your job responsibilities are related to your field of study.

Comment

Thank you so much kabkaba! I truly appreciate your help. You are really doing a great job. Thanks again!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X