Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 (F1-OPT) Visa rejected....want to reapply

Hi,
    I am on F1-OPT, working in a company in US. OPT is valid till July 2012- no extention. Recently I got married and applied for F2 visa for my wife. She went for an visa interview but unfortunately got rejected. VO said that I need to get H1B first and then apply for her dependent H4 visa. I dont want to wait for H1B to bring her into USA. Please suggest me what best can be done at this point?

1. Can I reapply for her F2 visa again or should wait my H1B to be processed?
    2. Alternatively, is it a good idea to apply for a visitor visa for her?

Any other suggestions will be most welcomed and helpful.

Thanks very much .

She can apply again. B2 also requires non-immigrant intent, so that will not change anything, F2 is better.
    This time she should focus on why she will come back after you finish your OPT. The chances are not great, but no harm in trying.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks very much . Your reply looks very promising and motivating. However, I have few concerns while applying to F2 visa again:

1. If in case F2 visa rejected again, what is the effect/bad record it gives for the future applications?

2. I assumed that VO might have noted the reason he gave that I need to apply for H1B first and then I should apply for her H4 visa. I believe that there might be a possibility that when my wife go for visa interview again then they might can straight way said they we have already told you your husband should apply for H1B first then you should apply for H4 visa. If this situation might arise, how it can be handled?

These might be too many concerns, but I just want to have answers to the questions so that there is minimal chances of rejection this time .

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hellojunta View Post
        Thanks very much . Your reply looks very promising and motivating. However, I have few concerns while applying to F2 visa again:

1. If in case F2 visa rejected again, what is the effect/bad record it gives for the future applications?

Not much different from what she already has.

2. I assumed that VO might have noted the reason he gave that I need to apply for H1B first and then I should apply for her H4 visa. I believe that there might be a possibility that when my wife go for visa interview again then they might can straight way said they we have already told you your husband should apply for H1B first then you should apply for H4 visa. If this situation might arise, how it can be handled?

Did your wife specifically say that you will be getting an H1 in the future? If not she can always say that you don't have plans for H1 and wish to return after completing OPT. But remember, when she says that it better be that you really don't file H1 in near future. Plans can change but not immediately.

These might be too many concerns, but I just want to have answers to the questions so that there is minimal chances of rejection this time .

Thanks
        See above.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Sounds Good. Thanks

Comment

Hey there,

Was your wife able to get the F2 visa? Please let me know.

Comment

Visa rejected twice

My Wife got rejected twice and My opt Stem extension is valid until March 1st 2012,

1st attempt in dec and 2nd attempt was in feb

1st tym Visa officer requested for additional documents i.e W2 in Dec

2nd attempt ,Vo asked for pay checks & employer letter and he did not tell anything and gave 214 (b) again.

What would you suggest /wait until H1 is approved that will in this June and probably starts from OCt 2012 ,And what i heard was we shuld atleast have 4 months of pay checks for the approval .

Can my wife attend H4 with H1 approval notice ? and what are the chances?

What do you suggest whether to make a 3rd attempt on f-2 / wait for H4

Thanks
              Sunny

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X