Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Exten.....Urgent help!! pls

HI,

I am on my first opt right now which is going to get expire Feb2012....my employer filed my H1 and unfortunately it got denied on dec30..now am going to apply for my opt exten..but my univ is not able to issue the opt exten I20 this time due to the changes made on my record...so they were telling me to go-ahead and apply for opt exten with out i20 and so later uscis will ask for i20 then we will submit like that my univ is telling...so wat r the chances of my opt exten approval...since i got my h1 denied wil i b able to get my opt exten ?????????? please respond....Thanks!!

You should take their advice. Ask them if they can issue a letter to USCIS about exactly what is stopping them from issuing the new I-20. If not, get the details (reasons) from them and write it in a cover letter accompanying your application. Which school is this btw? Have they told you that your SEVIS is inactive or terminated? Have they raised a data-fix ticket for that? You have to make sure that the application reaches USCIS before your current OPT expires. I assume your degree is in STEM and employer enrolled in eVerify.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply!!
      Yes i just posted like a day before all the documents to USCIS and i got letter from my DSO stating the OPT Extension that says i am eligible for OPT Exten. My DSO was not able to see the option of exten to get my I20 itseems since i applied for H1 she couldnt see that option the USCIS have been modified something on my record when i applied for H1 and my sevis is still active and yes i have STEM Exten and my employer is also e-verified. Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X