Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about the F1

Hi all,

I am currently in the US on an H4 visa. I have an admit to a community college and also an I-20 from them.

Could someone please help me with the following queries?

1. What is the exact procedure to apply for the F1....do I send my papers to a consulate; do I take my papers to a consulate, in which case I will be interviewed?

2. I am also worried about the fact that I am doing a Associate Degree course from a community college....even though the course I am doing is not ready available in my home country. Will this make it difficult for me to get an F1?

3. I am interested in knowing about the questions that are asked in the interview(if I am going to be interviewed)...esp. how do I convince the INS about having no intent to migrate.

Any help from any quarters will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi again,

Anyone with experience in getting their H4 visa status changed to an F1?

Any information in this regard will be highly apreciated. As mentioned before, I have my I-20 with me and the various other documents necessary. My I-20 is from a community college and therefore I am worried about my chances. It would be very difficult for me to pay the fees on an H4 as I would have to pay out of district fees which is not very different from an international student fee structure. So getting some on-campus job is imperative.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X