Academic Probation - urgent help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academic Probation - urgent help needed

This is my first semester in USA, I am currently on academic probation as my GPA is lower than 3, if I continue to have gpa lower than 3 next semester I will be dismissed from the university. Can anyone help me in answering my questions below:

1. Can I go back to india retake gre or gmat reapply for another university and come back on f1 status again??
    2. Can I take transfer to another university if in case I am dismissed??
    3. Is there any other way to maintain my f1 status ?
    4. What would be the duration of stay once after the dismissal??

Any help will be appreciated. thank you

Please find my answers
    Originally posted by reachout View Post
    This is my first semester in USA, I am currently on academic probation as my GPA is lower than 3, if I continue to have gpa lower than 3 next semester I will be dismissed from the university. Can anyone help me in answering my questions below:

1. Can I go back to india retake gre or gmat reapply for another university and come back on f1 status again??Yes, but you might be questioned more specifically by the US consulate in your country
    2. Can I take transfer to another university if in case I am dismissed??If you have got your grades for the courses that you have compelted, you are allowed to transfer. But ,most schools will ask that you get atleast a B in the course thatyou want to transfer.
    3. Is there any other way to maintain my f1 status ?Can you talk to your registrar/Dept about this? If not, talk to the The International students office - they are eligible to give you approval to do the program part time (6 credits) for one semester.
    4. What would be the duration of stay once after the dismissal??Not sure on this one

Any help will be appreciated. thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X