Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Terminated URGENT NEED HELP!!!!

Here is my situation:
    I am an international student on F-1 visa came here in January of 2009 to study engineering at a major state school in New York.
    In the first week of January of 2011 (in my junior year) I was suspended due to poor academic performance .
    When I found out I was suspended I transferred to a community college and enrolled for 12 credits as a FULL TIME STUDENTS taking relevant courses so that I don’t fall behind.
    Now I found out that my sevis is terminated due to poor academic performance. My DSO told me to leave the country or transfer to another school and apply for re-instatement from that school. It is too late for that since the deadline for all good schools have passed and classes have already started.
    I am already out of status as of now. My plan is to complete this semester at the community college hopefully with a 4.0. Get back into my original School for the summer (in June) and apply for re-instatement through the same school as it will be within the 5 month eligibility deadline for re-instatement.
    The reason I’m doing this is because I don’t want to fall behind on my studies or to have risk of coming back and above all my parents kicking my ***.
    What do you people think? Is this a good idea?

F1 Terminated URGENT NEED HELP!!!!

I'm not clear- when were you terminated? What is the date of termination, the reason for the termination and which school was it- your original school or the community college you transferred to?

Did the community college issue you an I-20? And are you still attending the community college?

And when does your F-1 visa expire?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X