Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions:F1 & F2 Visa together

Hello everyone,

This is Samarth from Delhi, India and I have got an admit to a top 20 US B School for the Fall 2012 session. I need to be in US in July 2012 for the session beginning.

I am getting married in April,2012 (especially in April) so that I can take my wife with me to US. She was working till now but has recently resigned.

She plans to join a course later in the same Univ/City as me from Spring 2013 that is 6 months after me.

So basically, I want to know her chances of getting an F2 visa for these 6 months i.e. from July 2012 to Dec 2012. After reading soooo many posts about F2 visa requests being denied, I am in a dilemma as to how to approach this problem.

Whats the best way in which we can assure that I get an F-1 visa and she gets her F-2 Visa.

The various options that I thought were-

1. First only I apply for an F-1 visa in April end 2012 and state that I am leaving my wife behind here. That would strenghten my case and hopefully I should get the F-1 visa. After that, my wife applies for the F-2 visa in May 2012 based on my F-1 Visa and hopefully we both get the visa by June end so that we can fly together. THis is the best case scenario.

2. The other option is that we apply for F-1 and F-2 visa together. This may be suicidal I guess as my F-1 visa may itself get rejected.

3. She also applies right now for a course in the same city/Univ. as me and tries to get admission for the same session as me i.e. Fall 2012 and get her own F-1 visa. However, the problem is that she does not want to start her studies immediately i.e. Fall 2012.

So, people I really need your advice , esp I think there are many people here who may have had similar experiences and I would really feel obliged for any assistance on this matter.

I am really keen on taking my wife and since there is still plenty of time, I really want to do everything I can right now to make it happen.

Cheers,

Sam

Come on people...

Please provide your suggestions.....

Thanks,

Sam

Comment

Please help .....

Comment

Dear Samarth

Its good to hear that you have started enquiring about valid visa type before only. Many of us end up making mistakes and then then visit these forums.

In your case I would like you to advice not to apply for your wife's F2 visa because now a days there are 90% rejections for F2 visa . Your wife should directly apply for F1 visa independently because in any case if her F2 visa is rejected her chances of getting F1 visa reduces to minimum.

So its just a suggestion . Think twice before going for visa interview.

- ciya

Comment

Same situation, need your suggestion.

Hi Samarth, Can you please tell me what option you went with, I am in the same boat as you were a year ago. Please let me know which is the best option for me. Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by samarth_g View Post
          Hello everyone,

This is Samarth from Delhi, India and I have got an admit to a top 20 US B School for the Fall 2012 session. I need to be in US in July 2012 for the session beginning.

I am getting married in April,2012 (especially in April) so that I can take my wife with me to US. She was working till now but has recently resigned.

She plans to join a course later in the same Univ/City as me from Spring 2013 that is 6 months after me.

So basically, I want to know her chances of getting an F2 visa for these 6 months i.e. from July 2012 to Dec 2012. After reading soooo many posts about F2 visa requests being denied, I am in a dilemma as to how to approach this problem.

Whats the best way in which we can assure that I get an F-1 visa and she gets her F-2 Visa.

The various options that I thought were-

1. First only I apply for an F-1 visa in April end 2012 and state that I am leaving my wife behind here. That would strenghten my case and hopefully I should get the F-1 visa. After that, my wife applies for the F-2 visa in May 2012 based on my F-1 Visa and hopefully we both get the visa by June end so that we can fly together. THis is the best case scenario.

2. The other option is that we apply for F-1 and F-2 visa together. This may be suicidal I guess as my F-1 visa may itself get rejected.

3. She also applies right now for a course in the same city/Univ. as me and tries to get admission for the same session as me i.e. Fall 2012 and get her own F-1 visa. However, the problem is that she does not want to start her studies immediately i.e. Fall 2012.

So, people I really need your advice , esp I think there are many people here who may have had similar experiences and I would really feel obliged for any assistance on this matter.

I am really keen on taking my wife and since there is still plenty of time, I really want to do everything I can right now to make it happen.

Cheers,

Sam

Comment

Valid f2 and visitor visa

hi, my F2 visa got approved and my existing visitor visa has no cancellation stamp on it. means both are valid and i can use both?

Comment

f1 and f2 visa together

Originally posted by susana199 View Post
              hi, my F2 visa got approved and my existing visitor visa has no cancellation stamp on it. means both are valid and i can use both?
              Guys please suggest what is the chances of visa get approved if applied for f1 and f2 visa together?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X