OPT STEM extension denial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT STEM extension denial

I have recently filed for OPT Stem extension. For this extension I need to provide USCIS my companies E-Verify information. I have submitted incorrect information provided by my company. So USICS has denied my application on March 15th 2012 and suggested to use I290B Motion to reopen the case.

I have submitted I290B application along with correct I765 form by explaining the reason behind this mistake. On April 3rd, 2012 my check for 290B application was cashed. So I have called customer service requesting for receipt number. They mentioned this would take at least month or more before it will be generated and suggested to file for a fresh I765 form with latest information as this process will be faster.

My OPT expired on February 1st and I worked till the end of the grace period i.e. March 30th.

Can you advice how can I proceed further to get a quicker response form USCIS and how long can I legally be US? Can I proceed in the way suggested by the customer service representative? How long does it generally take to process a 290B reopening case?

Thanks

What response did you get back?

I am in a similar situation. I just received the letter last night and I am sending in a motion to reconsider once I get my E-Verify number accurate from my company. Did you get your STEM extension granted? How long did it take? and how long are you authorized to work after your OPT expiring date? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X