Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for F1 visa while H1 visa is still valid

Hi all,

I'm currently working under my H1 visa in the US. I was accepted at a business school whose program starts in August, so I plan to apply for my F1 visa in Canada (not my home country) in the coming weeks.
    I've ruled out doing a change of status while remaining in the US as I need to take some time off to move. I plan to resign at work soon, however I don't want to be out of status.

I apologize if the following questions have been asked, I've been searching for answers without success:

1. Can I apply for an F1 visa while my H1 visa is still valid (until 12/2012)?
    I plan to come back in the US then resign immediately (my employers already know that I will quit very soon).
    2. If #1 is possible, will my H1 visa be cancelled? I would think so, but just want to confirm.
    3. I plan to travel to Canada while still be employed in the US. If for some reason I can't get my F1, is there any issue going back on my H1? I don't see why it would be cancelled, so just want to confirm.
    4. Is there any issues applying in Canada as it is not my home country?

Many Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X