H4 to F1 change of status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 change of status

I am from India, have completed my graduate education and just started working for a company in California. i will be receiving my H1B approval papers in October. My wife who is my dependent, and who, until recently, was on an F2 dependent visa, plans to apply to graduate school in the US. We do not plan to travel outside the US until I obtain my Green Card. So here goes my question.

My wife wants to apply for a change of status to an F1 visa the moment she receives here I-20 from the school she applies to. I know that there is a form I-539 for change of status, but along that it was said that she will also have to send a photocopy of her H4 visa (when I get H1B approval papers, my wife is (tentatively) H4) as well as a valid I-94! Now the I-94 she has was obtained when she came to the US as my F2 dependent and will be invalid when I get my H1B approval papers.

So is there anyway she can apply for a change of status without our travelling outside the US to get our H1 and H4 visas respectively as well as our I-94s?

Please help me out with this situation. Thanks very much.

Balaji

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X