Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel QUERRY

Hi,

I have been addmitted for Fall 2005 in US university.I got my F1 visa.

I wanted to know, if I travel to my university by breaking the journey at the port of entry,will it be a problem?

I have my close relative living in New York and wanted to have a stopover there before proceeding to my University.I have booked my ticket through travel agents for the entire journey.I will be travelling from Mumbai to JFK on a day and after reaching JFK(Port of Entry) would like to stay with them for a day or so and then continue my journey to my University.

Will this be a problem?Is there any immigration rule for F1 students,not to break their journey,but continue their travel all the way to the University?

Kindly help me in this matter,so that if there can be a problem with this arrangement,I can cancel my ticket and get new tickets issued to travel continuously to my University.

Thanking you.

Prince

There is no rule that u cannot break your journey.
    Once you get admitted at your port of entry then Buddy U are "In " U can stay as long as you want at ur relatives place
    But make sure you have enough time to reach ur university and complete the necessary registration and enroll for classes and if you are planning for On-campus jobs ADVISE is to arrive early to the university so that later you wont be frustrated
    Hope this helps.
    Aneesh.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X