Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa expired in OPT period how to travel outside US

Hello,
    I have a PhD and graduated in May 2012, and OPT valid till October 2012 of 1 year and applied for extension of OPT before applying for H1B since missed it this April due to quota was full..
    During the OPT extension period, I want to visit INDIA but F1 visa expired in Nov. 2009.
    Is there any possible method or status to get a a extension or another kind of visa before applying for H1B visa next year?

I recently got employed in April and will be full time employee in October 2012. I have not been home for last 4 and a half years and want to visit my parents ASAP. Please guide me. I appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks
    Shradha S

If you leave during OPT, you will need to obtain F1 Visa like before. There is always a risk of denial in any F1 Visa application and being on OPT makes it more risky.
    Unfortunately, the safest route is to wait for an H1. Try inviting your parents to visit you in the US. If they have sufficient ties in their home country, (job, family, property etc.) they may get Visitor visas.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

F1 expired and travel on OPT (F! renewal)

Originally posted by Shradha Sodhani View Post
      Hello,
      I have a PhD and graduated in May 2012, and OPT valid till October 2012 of 1 year and applied for extension of OPT before applying for H1B since missed it this April due to quota was full..
      During the OPT extension period, I want to visit INDIA but F1 visa expired in Nov. 2009.
      Is there any possible method or status to get a a extension or another kind of visa before applying for H1B visa next year?

I recently got employed in April and will be full time employee in October 2012. I have not been home for last 4 and a half years and want to visit my parents ASAP. Please guide me. I appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks
      Shradha S

Hello

So did you travel finally and applied for visa (F1)? I am facing similar situation. How was your experience?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X