Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Stamping while on OPT

Hi,
    I am a student and looking for a guidance/suggestions. I will really appreciate if you could help me.
    I changed my visa status from H4 to F1 and the process was smooth. My husband is on H1B visa and we’ve not yet filed our Green card. My F1 visa is approved until 2015 and currently I am on OPT which is valid through September 2013. I am planning to visit India in December 2012. My questions are:
    Since I got my F1 visa in US and I am on my OPT so when I go for stamping, will I face any issues?
    What documents I need to carry while attending visa stamping?
    Thanks,
    Shilpa

What you have is change of status approval, not Visa. Visa is something you apply outside the US to travel to US.
    F1 Visa application is always risky because you need to prove ties to home country. Being on OPT makes it more risky. Apart from the nobody can predict your chances.

You will need to carry your I-20, EAD card, job letter, proof of ties to home country such as property, family etc.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Shilpa,
      I am also in exactly same boat. I am on OPT and I have a change of status here from H4 to F1.
      Did you travel to India? How was your experience?

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X