OPT about to expire - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT about to expire - help

My OPT is about to expire. My visa had expired last year. Can I get enrolled in a school even though my original F1 expired and my OPT is about to expire in 3months?

COnsidering my F1 is expired, if I get an I 20 from a school, will I be able to stay without having to go back to home country and applying again?

Please advise.

Before the OPT is expired you have to make sure you are enrolled in a university for a higher degree or completely new degree and make sure with the University's International office that you are ok to start classes as per their semester schedule.

But for some reason you could not get addmission in to any university Try some desi consultant's in your area or a city of your choice and ask them if they can help you in sponsoring your H1-B visa They can do a premium processing which takes a month to process your h1-B but it will cost you 1500 bucks from your pocket. if you are lucky enough and the desi consultant is generous enough he might waive till you get a job and then deduct it from your paycheck.

If the above failed and nothing worked then you have no choice except to leave the country within 60 days after the OPT expiration .

Hope this Helps
    Aneesh.

Comment

I have a friend in a similar situation, but he graduated from Health Administartion , so he cannot get any IT consultants to sponsor a H1B as you have recommended.

Any suggestions ??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X