Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transit visa Q for Brazilian national transiting in US for 3 hours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit visa Q for Brazilian national transiting in US for 3 hours.

Hello everyone,

We are travelling to Brazil from London via the US. When we booked we had no idea how complicated the US immigration system is for some nationalities and as a result, we've a few questions... but first here is our brief story:

- We live and work in London and are taking a 21 day holiday to visit family.
    - I am a British citizen, my husband is Brazilian citizen.
    - On the way to Brazil we will change flights at Washington Dulles International (in the airport for only 2.5 hours).
    - On the way back from Brazil we will change flights at Newark (in the airport for 3 hours).

Here are my questions:
    1. We understand that my husband needs a C1-transit visa for transiting in the US. Is this right even though we're only on US soil for 3 hours each time?
    2. How many C1-transit visas do we need? 1 that covers both trips? Or 2, a separate visa for each transit (Washington on the way, Newark on the way back).
    3. If we just need to make 1 visa application to cover both trips, how do we show in the application form that this is just a 2-3 hour layover each time?
    4. They want a digital passport picture. Anyone any experience of getting one of these?

Thanks everyone!

Jo

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X