Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXP date not stamped on my Mom's I-94

Hi,
    My parents got 10 yr Multiple Entry from Chennai consulate. They entered USA on June the 3rd (Chicago Port of entry). Both my parents were called to the same booth for I-94.The officer took both my parents Fingerprints, took the Picture and asked several questions. My parents answered all the questions. Both my parents I-94 has been stamped “Department of homeland security – U.S. Custom and border protection “ seal, Also it reads ADMITTED CHI. Just below that in Red ink it reads Jun 3 2005 (Which is port of entry date) On Class until column on my Father’s I-94 reads DEC 02 2005 and initialed. But on my Mother’s I-94 it is initialed but EXP date is not stamped.
    Is it a problem???? Should we have to worry about it?? If it’s a problem what should we have to do ??? Can someone help us here!!!!!!
    Thanks
    Pari

read https://www.immihelp.com/form-i-94/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Yes, it is a problem that needs to be rectified. Because the date
      that determines her permitted stay in the US is missing. When she deposits
      this card at the airport while leaving US, how will the USCIS know
      if she overstayed or not. Overstay by even one day automatically cancels the visa.

She will have to make the request for a correction directly with the(Customs and Border Protection) CBP because at the airport CBP issues these cards,
      not USCIS. This is generally possible by requesting the change at the Port of Entry where one entered or at the POE where the person works or lives. It may be difficult sometimes to get the CBP to agree to make corrections.

It is always wise to double check your I-94 right at the airport and
      get any corrections made right there.
      Last edited by skk538; 07-15-2005, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adiravi
        Hi,
        My parents got 10 yr Multiple Entry from Chennai consulate. They entered USA on June the 3rd (Chicago Port of entry). Both my parents were called to the same booth for I-94.The officer took both my parents Fingerprints, took the Picture and asked several questions. My parents answered all the questions. Both my parents I-94 has been stamped “Department of homeland security – U.S. Custom and border protection “ seal, Also it reads ADMITTED CHI. Just below that in Red ink it reads Jun 3 2005 (Which is port of entry date) On Class until column on my Father’s I-94 reads DEC 02 2005 and initialed. But on my Mother’s I-94 it is initialed but EXP date is not stamped.
        Is it a problem???? Should we have to worry about it?? If it’s a problem what should we have to do ??? Can someone help us here!!!!!!
        Thanks
        Pari
        Here is what you are looking for...

Q: How do I correct an Arrival-Departure Record reflecting an incorrect admission classification, biographical information or period of admission?
        A: U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will review and issue the necessary documents to remedy errors recorded on the Arrival-Departure Record at the time of entry to the United States relating to improper non-immigrant classification, inaccurate biographical information or incorrect period of admission, if appropriate.

Any designated deferred inspection location or CBP office located within an international airport should be able to assist you, regardless of where the actual document was issued. In many instances, the location of your final destination where the discrepancy will be resolved may not be the port of your first arrival into the United States. Travelers are encouraged to contact sites not located within an international airport to establish an appointment, if necessary. Mail-in procedures are not available.

Currently, there is not an approved form to request the correction of inaccurate information recorded on the I-94 or I-95 Form at the time of entry into the United States. You will need to bring the questionable I-94 or I-95 Form and documentation to support the claim that the form was not properly annotated. For example, present a passport and visa to justify an incorrect visa classification or an approved petition to support an incorrect admission period. A fee will not be assessed.

The CBP offices within the international airports and deferred inspection locations are only authorized to correct errors that occurred at the time of arrival. Requests to replace the I-94 or I-95 Form that has been lost, stolen or mutilated must be filed with USCIS.

Authorized stays that were limited at the port of first arrival by supervisory authorization as noted on the reverse side of the I-94 Form will not be corrected. Under these circumstances, you will be required to file an I-539 Form with USCIS. . ( USCIS Field Offices )

Comment

Issue Resolved

Thanks all of you , I went to the Port of Enrty office here in my city. They took the I94 number which will be on top of the card and verified in their system, told that she is been given 6months visa that is till Dec 3rd 2005.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X