Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it make a difference if daughter sponsors instead of son-in-law

Hello,
    I wanted to know if it makes a difference as to who sponsors the visa for my parents- Can i do it instead of my husband doing it for my parents? I am also employed in the same company as my husband and draw similar salaries- Also both of us came to the US on F1 Visa and then converted to H1B and then got out Green cards. Please do let me know if you/anyone you knew had a similar situation.
    Thanks!

I am assuming you are talking about a visitor visa for your parents.
    In that case, it is better if you send the I-134, since you have a direct relationship with your parents.
    But do remember that sponsoring your parents does not equal a visa
    issuance. Your parents must prove strong ties to home country and assured return to India. For consulars, these are bigger issues than sponsorship
    from US.
    Last edited by pons1; 07-17-2005, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I sponsered my parents visa although my husband had a greencard at that time and I was on H1b. We did not even show any of his details though my parents carried his Indian passport copy ,green card copy and marriage certificate. They were not asked about him. Fortunately I still use my maiden name everywhere. Btw, I was also on an F1 Visa initially.

Rest of the documents were all "copied" from immihelp website and my mom got a 10 year visa and dad got a 5 year visa. (they went at different times). Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X