X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom was refused the visitor visa - questions

The VO asked my mom two questions:

1. Who lives in america? - my daughters
    2. Why are you going? - to visit them (duh!!)

Sorry mam, we are very strict. your visa is refused. (da hell)

My mom is working (govt. employee) and is a widow. We are three sisters and two of us are in US. I've lived here since 2003 and my younger sister came here last year (on H4).
    Mom has her own house and her brothers and their families and everyone (with a few exceptions) from my dad's side are living in India. She's not going to live with us forever. we just want her to visit us and spend some time with us. I have not gone home in 2 years and now that younger sister is here, mom really should be able to come here at least once every year (or every other year).

I demand to know why (the hell) VO did not see any of her documents or ask her more questions and on what grounds did he deny her visa?
    Where can i email them a piece of my mind?
    No one from our family ever visits us from India. This was the first time we applied for her visa and its denied.

What are my options?

Oh c'mmon people! my F5 key is about to issue a restraining order against me :P

help me

Comment

Unfortunately, that is the way of things. She should apply again after a year or so.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

one YEAR :O

not 6 months? ONE YEAR!!! (

This is outrageous! Why do they have to make simple things so difficult

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
          one YEAR :O

not 6 months? ONE YEAR!!! (

This is outrageous! Why do they have to make simple things so difficult
          I know it can be frustrating but a lot of misuse by non genuine travellers in the past is resulting in genuine travellers not getting visas.

Firstly, Widows are generally denied visa as they are considered candidates for immigration especially if more than one child is already in US.
          Secondly, chances go down further if daughters are in US as many times people have traveled in the name of tourism to assist their daughters for pregnancy . Thirdly, its easy to **** property papers/bank balance in India hence VO rarely see these documents.
          Lastly, not having a strong family ties and strong income in home country further reduces chances.

Also, many times people request tourist visa but end up staying in US for 6 Months and then request for extensions beyond that. This misuse is also responsible for the VOs negativity around granting Visitor visa liberally.

I am no way justifying your mother's visa denial but there is this other side which needs to be critically looked too by visitors.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X