Tourist Visa Re-entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa Re-entry

My Mother and I have travelled to the US from the UAE to help my sister settle down in University (she is on a student visa). We were granted a 6 month visa upon entry to the USA. We previously booked return tickets for all three of us (inbound tickets are for December 21).However I have been called for a university interview in the UK on the 4th of December. I already have a valid UK visa and that is not the problem.*The problem is, will I be able to book new return tickets leave the USA to the UK for two days, and then return until the day of my already booked return flight? *I am really worried that I won't be able to return for just a few days so I can help my Mother return to Abu Dhabi.*Thank you for your reply in advance.*

When you leave the US to go to the UK and want to come back, it will be considered as new entry altogether. It is up to the immigration officer at port of entry regarding how much stay he/she would allow you.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for replying. Would I be able to prevent being denied re entry all together by perhaps giving proof of the previously booked return tickets. Would it allow me to show that I would only be staying in the USA for just under 2 weeks?

Comment

Yeah, if you have proof of your trip, you will very likely be allowed in. There's nothing out of the ordinary here.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the help guys, I will go ahead and book my tickets!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X