Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are my chances of getting a B2 visa, my Esta has been cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my chances of getting a B2 visa, my Esta has been cancelled?

On 29th October 2012 I was refused entry at POE under 212(a)(7)(a)(i)(I), they said I was entering the US to work and stay. I was not, my only intention was to have a holiday spending time with my US boyfriend who I had not seen for 6 months. I was told I would no longer be allowed to travel using my Esta that I would have to apply for a B2 visa at the Embassy in London. My questions and concerns are:

How long do I have to wait before I can apply for the B2 visa after this incident?

Are my chances of getting a B2 greatly reduced because of what's happened?

This whole experience has left me shaken and scared about travelling to US again but obviously I will as I want to see my boyfriend. I know I need to show strong economic ties to England,as that is what caused the problem this time but is there anything else I can do or say to stop this from happening again. I have never broken the law, I was honest about my holiday plans and I had more then enough cash to cover the length of my stay.

1. You can apply at any time.
    2. There is no way to predict the chances like that. There is always a risk of denial. If you are young and going there to meet your boyfriend, depending upon his own legal status, your chances would be reduced. The assumption would be that you would be going there and get married to him and just settle there and not come back. You need to overcome that.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      1. You can apply at any time.
      2. There is no way to predict the chances like that. There is always a risk of denial. If you are young and going there to meet your boyfriend, depending upon his own legal status, your chances would be reduced. The assumption would be that you would be going there and get married to him and just settle there and not come back. You need to overcome that.
      Thanks for reply. I'm 44 my boyfriend is a US citizen. So although I have a job, home and family in my country of residence, and can prove I have these economic and social ties. It would seem you are saying they would now be concerned about the fact that my boyfriend lives in the states and this may continue to cause me problems on being granted entry?

Comment

If you can prove that you have strong ties to the home country (economical, social etc.) and can convince them that you are not going to marry him, you have some chance.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X