Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa rejected for my parents

Hi,

My parents visa got rejected yesterday in Mumbai consulate. I sponsored them for the US visit

The following was the conversation

Q. Why do you want to visit USA?
    A. To meet our son and daughter in law and for the tourism purpose

Q. How many children do you have?
    A. 2 in India, 1 in USA

Q. What business do you run? Is it your own?
    A. I have grocery store. Yes, its my own.

Q. What’s your annual income?
    A. 180000 INR

Visa officer rejected the interview saying Sorry, we can't process your visa this time. They denied under the section 214B saying that you don't have social/economic ties in India and your activities state that you won't return to India once you visit USA.

Did officer deny the visa because of inadequate yearly income? Since I am sponsoring them, I think this should not be a problem.

My In laws are planning to go for visa interview in couple of weeks. What shall they do differently in order to get the success in visa interview? Here, they are planning to self-sponsor them rather than I do that.

As per talk with one of my friend, he suggested to give a reason of attending some function or some other event specific reason rather than tourism in order to get the success in visa interview. Does those reasons go well?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Since we are expecting a baby, it’s very much necessary for us to visit our place.

Thanks

Yes, the reason for denial is low income. It does not matter if you are sponsoring to meet the funding requirement .
    Good income is also required as a strong tie to India.

For self sponsorship show at least 1 lac /month family income.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X