Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name misspelt in father's name in my pasport and his name in his passport

Hello All,

I am planning to invite my parents on B2 visa to USA from Maharashtra. My father's name in my passport is written as Ramrao, however his name in his passport is written as Ramrav. Will it make a big difference? If yes then what I should do to support that both names are of the same person. His name in his bank account is Ramrao and in my birth certificate is also Ramrao.

I have used Ramrav in DS-160 form as I need to use the exact details present on the passport. I have used Ramrav to all other invitations to him from my side.

I will appreciate if you could help me in this situation.

Thank you

Nandu

Make one and same person affidavit.

Sample at https://www.immihelp.com/sample-one-...s-immigration/

Change your reason to why they are different like that. Writng something like this: Marathi is a phonetic language while English is not. There are various possible spellings of Marathi names when written in English letters. Therefore, Ramrav and Ramrao are the names of the same person.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      Make one and same person affidavit.

Sample at https://www.immihelp.com/sample-one-...s-immigration/

Change your reason to why they are different like that. Writng something like this: Marathi is a phonetic language while English is not. There are various possible spellings of Marathi names when written in English letters. Therefore, Ramrav and Ramrao are the names of the same person.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X