Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not using the US-VISIT Exit system

hello all,
    i've a 10 years mult entry and recently in last week may i went to Newyork. at entry they took the biometrics including the fingerprints , digital photograph etc.
    on exiting at JFK the airlines official took away the I 94 while issuing the boarding pass and i was told nothing as regards the US visit exit??? this term i've come across recently that we 've to voluntarily go to the kiosks to get the biometrics done??
    will it pose me some problems in future entry in usa?? as i'll have to travel atleast a couple of times over next year?? i still have the validity date of the I94 (19th august) what shud i do now?? shud i contact the usa embassy here at newdelhi about the thing??
    anyone who's gone thru the same situation kindly share the experience and advice what is appropriate at this moment
    in anticipation

hi vineet,
    Failure to register with the US Visitor and Immigrants Status Indicator Technology (VISIT) will show you as still being in US. As per the DHS records, it will appear as though u are still in US. It will go on to show that u have overstayed your visa period if u do not act in time to get the mistake rectified. Consult an immigration attorney in the US or contact the DHS ASAP. Otherwise it will pose problems on your future visits to the US.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

still a query

hello veena,
      thanx for the reply,
      well i've received reply from my friends saying that it hardly matters as of now to register while departing from usa, only i 94 is detached . one even went ahead and sain that it's still experimental (exit) if u have any personal experience or ur close ones please let me know i'll act accordingly.
      thanx again for the help
      vineet

Comment

hi vineet,
        I'm not too sure about what your friends have to say. I think it is better to follow the procedure when there is one, and even more when the consequences of not following procedure is bad. Better safe than sorry!

I am forwarding the links for redressal of US VISIT and another link which particularly specifies that future entry of those failing to register with US Visit is tough.

This is a large-scale, in-person recruiting and hiring event to fill hundreds of law enforcement and mission related opportunities across the department.

and

Go Ahead and do the needful.

VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

hi vinnet
          the same happened with me and i also enquired about it on this forum
          u can look down and see in this foorum
          i also asked other people only i 194 is detached and no stamping is done on passport . the registry is made by the person who gives u the boarding pass

Comment

Hi,
            Just wanted to know what u have decided to do?
            VEENA
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

i've dropped a mail

hello there,
              if u see the link then uptill sept. 2004 JFK newyork is not included.
              i think had the system been in place we would have been told atleast by the airlines or the airport authorities.
              still i've dropped a request with the delhi embassy let' see if they have any answer to it.
              if anyone has any experience regarding this then please address the cause

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X