Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

i have two questions
    1) my father who works for the gov was given NOC for the passport but the office refused to give another one for the visa. they said use teh same one and once you ahve the visa, apply for a leave sanction. is this normal? can he say that to the counslar when asked about the NOC
    2) For the parents, are we supposed to purchase round trip tickets from india or should we do it from US.
    Thanks in advance
    Anna

On the roundtrip tickets, it is not matter where the tickets are purchased as long as they are return tickets. Actually you are not required to even have tickets before you get the visa. Officers understand that the decision to buy ticket is based on approval of visa.

On NOC, did your dad keep a copy? If yes, i think that should be good to carry for the visa interview (although i am not an expert at all this)

Comment

Hi,

I am also in the same situation. My dad submitted the NOC original to the passport office but he took copies before. I believe copy of NOC is enough for Visa. I told my dad not to try for another NOC and it would take another 5 months and now lets proceed with the copy for the interview and I hope there won't be any problem.

Hope this helps,
      Thanks,

Comment

hi
        good morning, regarding noc,consulate can understand that passport cant be issued with out noc for government servent, so you dont have to worry about noc, only just think about leave senctions of your father. but be carefull, when consulate ask your father, how many days you want to stay in usa, then he should give less days staying compare to his leave senctions. becase few days he will be busy in making all travel arrangments anc when he comes back, he some days to rest before going to his job. hope you understand what I want to say,

good luck

Comment

thanks mahesh. he is applying for 2 month leave. hope thats fine

Comment

good morning,
            also apply for your father's visa only first, then later you can try for your mother. if they both apply then consulate may think that whole falmily is trying to get there and settle down.
            hope this works
            no any country gives problems, but usa, wov, ........but its there country, we can do anything, ?

Comment

Are you kidding me? i think most parents applying together is pretty normal. my sister and brother are still in india. the counslar should know that spouses travel together(mostly). even if my mother applies later, they will still know that my father already has a visa. it makes no sense to at all.

Comment

thanks for saying that I am kidding to you. yeh you are right most parents apply together and just few of them get visa .

can you think why ?
                if one person,ether mom or dad apply, chances are more to get visa, consulate knows very well that he or she will defenetly return cause in old age one can not stay with out another, hope yu got my point,

once your father return back to home your mom can apply stating that your father has visa and now she want to go, and she also will return back.

my aunt (Mami) was denied three times, while her son is citizen of usa.

can you imagine why, becase she was widow, and she had only son.

now she is no more

key is american consulate dont want people to go and stay there permanent.
                my self in business and have been thru half of the world, never had probelm in any country (visa) but usa, rjected.

usa contry is good but rules for visa, is confussed

Comment

i understand what you are saying. A widow with one son has a higher chance of getting a visa rejected because she has no home ties, not beacuse she is a widow. You see the key word here is home ties. The counslar does not discriminate if you are single or widow or applying with spouse as long as you have STRONG home ties. finance and strong home ties are all they look for. i hope you understand what i mean. Sorry if i offended you in my previous post, i was not trying to

Comment

its allright, no need to say sorry,
                    It was my views only, but you are the boss. please let me know when they get visa. I wish them good luck, I can understand your feelings that you want your parents (both) in usa. I also want my dad go with me some country but he never go abroad with me.

well please keep in touch, my mail id is [email protected]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X