Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with visa for maid to accompany parent (no intention for her to work in US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with visa for maid to accompany parent (no intention for her to work in US)

My mom has a 10 year visitors visa. I am a GC holder.
    The maid has been with our family in India for more than a decade and has become more like family. Next time my mom comes to US, we want our long-time maid to accompany her.

What is the right way to handle this? I thought about getting the domestic help visa but that assumes she will work here. That is not the case. She will be visiting here just like a tourist and I will be taking care of all expenses for travel, medical insurance etc, just as I would for mom.

Is B2 visa too far-fetched for the maid? She has some ancestral property in India, a moderate bank balance and her permanent address is the same as my mom's.

Please advise.

You can not apply for domestic help visa as she is not going to come to the US for that purpose.

Her application would just like any other visitor visa applicant. However, it would be generally much more difficult for her to get visa.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks. It would really help to hear from other members in this forum if they have gone through a similar situation. Specifically, tips for any documents, letters-to-visa-officer that might help her case.

Comment

Apply as your paid domestic help. That is the only way and best way. She will only be working for you in US and how much, it is between you and her.

Read the domestice help visas section on https://www.immihelp.com/domestic-em...business-visa/. She will be interviewed alone and show a contract between
        you and mother.
        Last edited by peace999; 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Greencard holders can not bring domestic help.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X