Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for my mother: Need help

Hi,
    I am living in US for the past 6 years. I have been working for the past 3 years. I started working after I got my EAD (through my husband). In 2011 we got our Green Card. I would like to sponsor my mother's visit to US. I have the following questions.
    1. Am I eligible to sponsor my mother? I am currently employed and I am using GC. I can provide last 3 years W2 and recent paystubs. I also have decent amount in bank.
    2. My mother will become 60 this year, will this cause any problem?
    3. My mother has sufficient funds in bank, property and pension (after my father died in 2008). She is currently living with my brother and my brother is working. Will her financial status help the visa process any ways.
    4. Will my current Green Card status hamper my mothers visitor visa application?
    5. Since I started working after I got EAD will this have any negative affect on her visa ?
    6. My husband is in US for 10 years, is it advisable if he sponsor my mother or its ok if I sponsor.

Thanks in advance for any type of replies. I would appreciate if anyone can help me by pointing to discussions about what kind of questions are usually asked in visitor visa interview.

Sohoni

Sometimes, the officers are biased against widows. They think if their husband is not there , they have no ties.
    But she must try.
    Your are eligible to sponsor but it is better if she herself or her son in India show funding. That will go in her favour.
    If they can show a family income of Rs 1 lac/month , it will work. Or else, you go ahead and sponsor.

Qs 2,4,5 --- won't matter.
    Q6. It is preferable if your mother shows funding from own family in India. ( that shows financial ties).
    If that is not possible, you sponsor since you have a GC now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X