help needed where shall i apply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed where shall i apply?

Hi Thank you so much for all your help until now. I applied for a B-2 visa last year and got denied. And now I am going to apply for a B-1 visa which is being sponsored by my USA company. They have a branch in Hyderabad. I worked for them in Hyderabad for the last month and they are sponsoring me for training on a B-1 visa. I went to apply at the Mumbai consulate and the person who accepts the application says he is not sure if they can accpet my application because the sponsor of my trip is my company who's branch is in Hyderabad. So actually I have to apply from Chennai consulate. That's what they think but they are not sure in my case. Can anybody help me about this issue? I will be very thankful of them. Thank you so much for reading my post and have a good day.

I think, if you are still working with that company and if your current
    address is in Hyderabad, you should go to chennai.

Before leaving , you may write an email to chennai consulate
    non-immigrant visa dept, to make sure.

[email protected]

Comment

Hi,
      Where do you currently reside and work?
      VEENA
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

I haven't started working for the company yet. I live in Nagpur in Maharashtra state since I was born. I can't start working for the company until I get the specified training in USA. The company has appointed me already a month ago and I went to Hyderabad just to join the company for a couple of days. I will start working in Hyderabad after I get the training. I have not yet started working and have no address in Hyderabad. The Mumbai consulate says that the sponsoring company where I will work is from Hyderabad so I must apply in Chennai. The Chennai consulate says that my current address is in Nagpur so I must apply in Mumbai. I have emailed both consulates about this problem and am waiting for replies. But these people take really long to reply. Someone please help me. Where shall I apply? Thank you.

Comment

Hi,
          As both the consulates have told u their parameters, it is now in your hands to take up temporary residence in Hyderabad, retain it till u get your passport after visa stamping, and then abandon it. You may even attend office in Hyderabad for a while before u travel to US for training.
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X