Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor visa for parents and siblings ---- need urgent help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for parents and siblings ---- need urgent help !

Hi,

I am married and working on OPT in a company and soon my company is going to apply for my H1 visa. I also have one sister here who is going to graduate in May 2013. I want to apply visitor visa for my parents and my other sister and brother living in India. In this regard I have few questions:

1) Is it okay to mention the embassy that me and my sister are here and the purpose of their visit is attending my sister's graduation ceremony and social visit to meet me.
    2) If I send graduation ceremony invitation letter of my sister and supporting documents like her I20, her visa copy, passport copy, will this be sufficient or should I send mine and my husband's documents too ?
    3) Also, my brother and sister both are working in India, so can it cause any problem in their visas ? Also, it is advisable to apply together for their visa (parents, brother and sister) or separately for parents first and then for brother and sister ?

Please advice...Thanks in advance !

First of all, it is not advisable at all for all 4 of them to apply .

For a visitor visa, the most important issue they look for is ties to home country ( family ,job).
    If everyone is going , they are leaving no family ties behind, so chances of denial are very high.

Anyways, young and single people, just starting out in life and going on very casual visits like attending graduation , tourism
    have a low success rate.

Advice;
    Let your parents only apply, citing reason for attending graduation for their daughter and visiting you.
    If your dad has good income ( 1L/m) , he can show self funding.
    If not, you can send sponsorship papers, if you are earning. If you are not earning, your
    husband can send I-134 with financial docs.Also send your sister's proof of graduation.

Comment

Thank you for your advice.

So, when should I apply for my brother's and sister's visa ? Is it okay to apply for mom and dad first and then after may be 2-3 weeks apply for them (siblings) ? Can it be an issue ? Please help..

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      First of all, it is not advisable at all for all 4 of them to apply .

For a visitor visa, the most important issue they look for is ties to home country ( family ,job).
      If everyone is going , they are leaving no family ties behind, so chances of denial are very high.

Anyways, young and single people, just starting out in life and going on very casual visits like attending graduation , tourism
      have a low success rate.

Advice;
      Let your parents only apply, citing reason for attending graduation for their daughter and visiting you.
      If your dad has good income ( 1L/m) , he can show self funding.
      If not, you can send sponsorship papers, if you are earning. If you are not earning, your
      husband can send I-134 with financial docs.Also send your sister's proof of graduation.

Comment

Like I said, young and single people just starting out have very high chances of denial if their purpose of visit is casual.

That means they should not apply at this time. Let your parents apply only.

Sometimes even parents can be denied for no apparent reason, so make your parents'
        case strong. If they can show funding from India , it will go in their favor.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X