Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Payment receipt for B2 visa for both Parents ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Payment receipt for B2 visa for both Parents ????

Hi Friends,

I am applying for my parents visa and as I am scheduling the same interview slot for my parents wherein I have added my mom has a dependent, the US visa site has generated only one CGI number and amount is $320 ($160 for each app) and now the AXIS bank is saying that I can give only one receipt for the $320 amount, as this has only one CGI number.

So friends can you please do let me know if I enter the same receipt number under my mom and dad's name while scheduling the interview, will that be ok.,

Br,
    Yd

Can anyone please reply....

Originally posted by yashd View Post
    Hi Friends,

I am applying for my parents visa and as I am scheduling the same interview slot for my parents wherein I have added my mom has a dependent, the US visa site has generated only one CGI number and amount is $320 ($160 for each app) and now the AXIS bank is saying that I can give only one receipt for the $320 amount, as this has only one CGI number.

So friends can you please do let me know if I enter the same receipt number under my mom and dad's name while scheduling the interview, will that be ok.,

Br,
    Yd

Comment

Hi Friends,

Br,
      Yd
      Contacted the ustraveldocs help desk, they said we can enter the same receipt number for both father and mother.

Comment

Visitor Visa Fee Payment for Father & Mother

Hi,

I need to pay Visitor Visa Fee for my parents. Do i need to create 2 profiles for them separately?
        How can i add my mother as dependent in my Father Application? Is this during filling DS-160 for my Father or just by adding family member details.

Comment

Hi Friends,

Br,
          Yd
          Create an account in your fathers name. Mention First name as what appears as Given name on your fathers passport.

Click on Schedule appointment (On the left hand side)
          Step 1: Select Nonimigrant Visa
          Step 2: Select your state
          Step 3: Select language of interview
          Step 3: Select Business/Tourism, Crew and All Other Visas
          Select B2 - VISITOR FOR PLEASURE OR MEDICAL TREATMENT

Step 4: Confirm what you have entered so far is Correct and click Continue
          Step 5: Enter additional detail of your father viz. address, phone, DS 160#, passport details, etc.
          Step 6: Please click “Add by Name” or "Add Existing Applicant" if you have a group/family member (including a child) who needs to apply for a visa with you.
          At this step add your mother as a dependent and enter her details.
          Step 7: Check if your parents are eligible for Interview waiver. If not select NO in this and next step

Select location of Passport pickup from the drop down (You can avail for home delivery of passport by paying INR 300 at the consulate once they get their visa)

Step 8: Make fee payment
          Step 9: Book your OFC and Interview appointment.

One fee receipt is what you will get for one account which you will create in your fathers name and show your mother as a dependent travelling with him.

As soon as you pay $320, you will get a Receipt # from the bank which will get activated within 2 days. Once activated, this number will automatically appear in your account for your father and mother. So you dont even need to enter the Receipt no.

In my case, I had created one account in my name and shown my father and mother as dependents travelling with me. On the payment page the Receipt number text box was showing blank for all three of us.

I used NEFT option and transferred $480 through ICICI bank. Within 3 hours I received a mail with the Receipt no. As soon as I logged in to my account, I could see this Receipt no was already populated in the text box. All three of us had same Receipt no.

As far DS-160 is concerned, you need to fill separate DS-160 form for your father and mother. In your fathers form mention your mother is travelling with him and vice-versa.
          Last edited by usvisitor1; 07-05-2013, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by usvisitor1 View Post
            Create an account in your fathers name. Mention First name as what appears as Given name on your fathers passport.

Click on Schedule appointment (On the left hand side)
            Step 1: Select Nonimigrant Visa
            Step 2: Select your state
            Step 3: Select language of interview
            Step 3: Select Business/Tourism, Crew and All Other Visas
            Select B2 - VISITOR FOR PLEASURE OR MEDICAL TREATMENT

Step 4: Confirm what you have entered so far is Correct and click Continue
            Step 5: Enter additional detail of your father viz. address, phone, DS 160#, passport details, etc.
            Step 6: Please click “Add by Name” or "Add Existing Applicant" if you have a group/family member (including a child) who needs to apply for a visa with you.
            At this step add your mother as a dependent and enter her details.
            Step 7: Check if your parents are eligible for Interview waiver. If not select NO in this and next step

Select location of Passport pickup from the drop down (You can avail for home delivery of passport by paying INR 300 at the consulate once they get their visa)

Step 8: Make fee payment
            Step 9: Book your OFC and Interview appointment.

One fee receipt is what you will get for one account which you will create in your fathers name and show your mother as a dependent travelling with him.

As soon as you pay $320, you will get a Receipt # from the bank which will get activated within 2 days. Once activated, this number will automatically appear in your account for your father and mother. So you dont even need to enter the Receipt no.

In my case, I had created one account in my name and shown my father and mother as dependents travelling with me. On the payment page the Receipt number text box was showing blank for all three of us.

I used NEFT option and transferred $480 through ICICI bank. Within 3 hours I received a mail with the Receipt no. As soon as I logged in to my account, I could see this Receipt no was already populated in the text box. All three of us had same Receipt no.

As far DS-160 is concerned, you need to fill separate DS-160 form for your father and mother. In your fathers form mention your mother is travelling with him and vice-versa.

Hi usvisitor1, I followed the same above steps, but i have a question - In the final appointment confirmation, it lists my father as an Applicant only. My mothers name is shown at the bottom in the fee payments section. does this create a problem ? Can she use the same appointment confirmation page for fingerprinting and consular interview, or I need to create a separate CGI account for her and re-do the appointment confirmation ? Your response will be greatly appreciated, they are travelling to Mumbai next week for the interview. Thanks, Veeral - See more at: http://www.immihelp.com/forum/privat....KEW5SYIR.dpuf

Comment

dads name lised as applicant on final appointment confirmation

Originally posted by vkurani31 View Post
              Hi usvisitor1, I followed the same above steps, but i have a question - In the final appointment confirmation, it lists my father as an Applicant only. My mothers name is shown at the bottom in the fee payments section. does this create a problem ? Can she use the same appointment confirmation page for fingerprinting and consular interview, or I need to create a separate CGI account for her and re-do the appointment confirmation ? Your response will be greatly appreciated, they are travelling to Mumbai next week for the interview. Thanks, Veeral - See more at: http://www.immihelp.com/forum/privat....KEW5SYIR.dpuf
              Hi,

I just paid the visa fees and scheduled an appointment for april 8th 2015. I see my dads name as applicant and my moms name on the 2nd page.
              Will that be a problem, has any one attended the interview having similar application. Kindly let me know

regards,
              Bhasker.K

Comment

Hi Bhasker and Veeral

Were you able to substantiate if one CGI (Stanley) account/application will suffice for both parents?

@Bhasker - I have the same question as you and wanted to know if this posed any problem for your parents during their interview on April 8th.

Thanks,
                MPK

Comment

Both parents travelling together one 80+ and one bellow 80

I completed an submitted my DS 160 for B2 Visa Renewal and thereafter from ?Thank You ? page I added my wife?s DS 160 also and created Family Group. While scheduling appointment to the question ?Are you (the visa applicant) 80 years of age or older?? I answered yes as I am above 80 years US visa site generated one CGI number for two of us and amount is $320 ($160 for each) was deposited in the AXIS bank and there is one receipt for the $320 amount. Interview Waiver confirmation Letter is also one showing me as applicant and my wife as dependant.

I am above 80 years and my wife is below 80 years i.e she 70 years
                  of age . I am eligible for visa interview waiver but my spouse is not eligible for interview waiver. Now how I should correct the position so that separate applicable processes for two of us can be followed.

Comment

Anoop Chaudhary How did you manage the situation? I am in the same boat. Did you figure out any way to separate out the 2 applications ? If yes how ?

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have few questions and so far I didn’t get answer from anywhere, please help me with following questions;
                      1. My dad is 81 and mom is 73, if I schedule group interview of my mom and dad together, can both get interview waiver as primary visa applicant is my dad who is 81 years old or I have to schedule their interview separately?
                      1. I have paid MRV/Visa interview fees for my mom and dad together 320$ and the receipt has only one number of fees payment. If I schedule visa appointment for my mom and dad separately, can I use the same receipt number for both appointments?
                      1. Can I schedule separate visa interview appointments for my dad and mom in same CGI account or I have to open new cgi account for my mom?
                      It would be a great help if someone can reply me back with answers to my questions at soonest possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jay_dabhi View Post
                        Hi everyone,

I have few questions and so far I didn’t get answer from anywhere, please help me with following questions;
                        1. My dad is 81 and mom is 73, if I schedule group interview of my mom and dad together, can both get interview waiver as primary visa applicant is my dad who is 81 years old or I have to schedule their interview separately?
                        1. I have paid MRV/Visa interview fees for my mom and dad together 320$ and the receipt has only one number of fees payment. If I schedule visa appointment for my mom and dad separately, can I use the same receipt number for both appointments?
                        1. Can I schedule separate visa interview appointments for my dad and mom in same CGI account or I have to open new cgi account for my mom?
                        It would be a great help if someone can reply me back with answers to my questions at soonest possible.
                        I also have the exact same issue. Appreciate any clarification on this..

TIA..

Comment

Originally posted by spam View Post
                          I also have the exact same issue. Appreciate any clarification on this..
                          Responded here https://www.immihelp.com/forum/usa-v...0-years-of-age
                          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                            But that answer was not conclusive? If both have to attend, what is the benefit of the interview waiver? In such case, wouldn't it be better to apply separately?

TIA

Comment

Yes, you can apply separately, but only your father will get benefit of interview waiver. Your mother will still have to attend interview. It is your call to apply them separately or have them both attend interview together.
                              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X