Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help in deciding Sponsored or Self-Sponsored

Hi,

My borther-in-law is studying in US and after completing the study he has got a job there. There's an convocation in May and he wants us (me, my wife [his real sister] and 2 year kid) to visit and attend that. Myself and my wife both are working in IT field and having own house in town. Having good combined monthly income, 50% EMI is also going for home loan. Around 3 lacs as FD, have 1 lac deposit in bank. My father is retired and mother still serving as government servant.

We just want to visit him in US for 15-20 days. What should I go for; Sponsored or Self-Sponsored? In which type chances are better?

Thanks for your help,
    JK

Who is really going to pay for the trip? Just answer accordingly.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I'll myself buy tickets and all but will stay in his house there.

Comment

Then you should answer 'who will pay for the trip' as self and address in the US as your brother's address.

Comment

Thanks kabkaba. So which type of visa i should apply for. And which one has better chances?

Comment

Since your bro-in-law is recently employed, he cannot send you an affidavit of support.
            So, the only option is to show self funding.

To show self paying you have to have very good family INCOME especially when
            you are a family man and all 3 of you are going.

THey always ask about your income. Bank balances are not looked at.

What is your combined family income from all sources ( husband + wife + other sources) ?

Comment

B2

Comment

Thanks peace999 for this detail. Overall my family income is 91k per month. What's your view, good chances or not?

Comment

Thanks kabkaba.

Comment

Originally posted by IamJK View Post
                    Thanks peace999 for this detail. Overall my family income is 91k per month. What's your view, good chances or not?
                    It is good. But handle income questions smartly. They will ask you what do you do and how much do you make . YOu can say xx work
                    and our total family income is xxx.

Comment

thanks

Thanks a lot Kabkaba and Peace999 for your help and guidance. I got US visa.

Comment

Hello, can you tell me what documents you got from your brother in law. I am in the same boat. I am in USA and my bro-in -law is visiting usA with his family. But he is paying for his trip. thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X