Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply B2 Visa for wife with ECR required in Passport

Hi

I am from India, visiting US for business trip on B1 visa. I would like to take my wife along with me on Tourist Visa B2.
    I am going to apply for her visa and need some clarification before that. Kindly help

1. Do they ask for School certificate to process B2 visa? The problem is the initial is wrong in her school certificate and its not possible to change that.
    2. Since her initials are wrong in her school certificate, I applied her passport under ECR category. Will it be any problem during visa interview or during emigration?

Pls clarify

Thanks
    Karthi

1. No , it is not required.
    2. For US travel, even ECR passports are OK without clearance. Check on the India passport website ( ECR).
    ECR is of no concern to US embassy. It has relevance only for the Indian immigration while departing India.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks a lot for clarification

Comment

Before arriving in the U.S., consider purchasing Atlas Travel Insurance.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Before Visa Interview?

Hi

I have my Wife's B2 Visa interview scheduled next week. Before which it will be of great help if you can clarify the following ?
          My B1 is already approved and I will be sponsor for my wifes trip expenses

1. Should I have to show enough balance on her account that can cover the expenses? Or Should I show the balance in my account ?
          2. I have a Platinum Credit card with me with a very good Expense Limit on it. I also have an Add-on card for wife on it. Will that card add value to the interview ?
          3. I am yet to book my Flight and Hotel Bookings. Do I have to finish the booking before her interview so that it can add value to the interview ?
          4. Do I have to block flight booking for my wife? Or can we say that we will book the flights after VISA interview?

Pls clarify.

Thanks
          Karthi

Comment

*They do not care for account balances or credit cards. When they ask her who is paying for the trip she should say my husband and carry proof of your
            income ( IT return, proof of your employment /salary).
            *YOu do not need to book any fights. Place of stay has to be mentioned on DS160 so a tentative hotel booking helps.
            what did you write on DS 160 as place of stay?

Comment

Thanks Peace999 for prompt response.

For the place of stay I filled in the city and state that I am visiting for Business trip.

An for US point of contact I filled in the Hotel name and its contact number.

Pls let me know if thats ok.

Thanks
              Karthi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X