Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying for visitor's visa for parents

Hello all,

My parents are reapplying for visitor's visa. Last year (April 2012) their visa got rejected under 214b. They have changed a few things this time:

1) Last time, my husband sponsored them. This time my parents are self sponsoring the trip. My father is a physician and mother is house wife. Is their any criteria for funds (parents' account)? My father runs a successful private clinical practice for last 39 yrs, they own residential flat and our clinic (the 2 floored building). Mother was LIC agent now retired, earns medium amount of pension. How much monthly salary for father is considered good income showing strong ties? I am their only child, can't change anything in this regard!

The only change in the application is change to self sponsorship and US stay for 1 month. My husband's convocation is in June, so we will be inviting them for the convocation and tourism during the 1 month stay.

Has anyone one of you faced 214b rejection for parents' visitor's visa and later received it? What changes did you make to the application? The changes we have made, can they make any difference? Please let me know. Thanks.

Sincerely,
    G.K.S.

Only child in US is a strong negative.
    To overcome that you can try this;

1. Self funding is ok (income 10L + /yr is safe) is Ok.
    1 month is rather short for both of them but he can say he will stay for a month but his wife
    will spend more time. That will sound natural as he will have his practice to take care of.

2. I also suggest your dad open the interview by saying that he was denied in '12 because ' my only child is in US.'
    He should say that he has a running practice with ... income which he will come back to

3. If you have plans to return to India eventually, that can help too.

In the end, it is the officer's discretion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X