Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 help required: Visitor's visa for parents

Hello all,

My parents are applying for visitor's visa. While filling the DS-160 form, it asks to select the type of profession (agriculture, medical/health etc.) and then asks about primary occupation and previously employed or not etc.

My question is : My father is a physician and he runs private clinical practice. So Do I have to select "Other" in the profession section and then in the "Specify" column, state "Self employed as a medical professional-Private practitioner) or Do I select Medical/ Health in profession and in primary occupation, I have to write as self employed?

How would you go about it? How shall I write about he being self employed as a private clinical practitioner? and what do I write in previous employment? He is running this practice for last 39 yrs. There has been no other employment than his clinical practice.

Please let me know. Thanks so much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
    G.K.S.

I think, you can select Medical/health as a profession type.
    In current Occupation field - can put "self employed". You can also put "other". It will give you another field to specify. In that field, mention about private clinical practive. At the end, in description section, you can mention 2-3 sentences about his work.

You don't need to mention anything in previous employed section in next page. Just say "no".

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X