Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa rejection 2 nd time

Hello all:

My Mom was rejected Visa at the chennai consulate twice. This time she went on July 21. Can please any one let me know why. She had all the documents from us as well as hers. She was not asked to show any of her papers. I think it was rejected seeing the form DS 156.I am her only daughter. We had mentioned that she had a brother in US citizen.

She is a widow and 67 years.

Looking forward if any body could help me

Sam

The most likely reason;

She is a widow and you are the only daughter; that means she has no
    immediate family in India to come back to after her visit. So she is
    suspect to stay back in US with you at this age. Plus her brother is a US citizen and can provide additional support for her to stay back.

It is going to be hard for her to get a visitor visa in this situation.

There is only one more option otherwise; you could sponsor her for an immigrant visa, after you becone a US citizen.
    Last edited by pons1; 08-08-2005, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Hi Sam,
      If you can show strengthened ties towards home, like having to take care of elders or some involvement in social activities, she stands a chance. She can work on that angle. However don't apply immediately as it would only show desparation to go to the US. Be careful as to the duration of intended stay on DS 156. Do not ask for 6 months.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Visa rejection

Hello All:

Thank you very much for the input. I had afew questions.
        1) Is only daughter a rejection
        2) If written Brother US citizen on form DS 156 is for rejection ( my case her brother does not even know that we have put his info on the form)
        3) Is there any fixed substantial amount to be shown for us as well as my mothers.
        4) What are the things that need to be written on the form DS 156
        5) what is the meaning of " Materialistic changes"? My mom had all her docs from her side (like property ppers, pension etc) and we had sent all the docs from our side

Sam

Comment

1) Is only daughter a rejection
          NO. BINDING TIES TO HOMELAND MORE IMPORTANT

2) If written Brother US citizen on form DS 156 is for rejection ( my case her brother does not even know that we have put his info on the form)
          NO. YOU CANNOT PUT FALSE ANSWERS ON THE DS 156

3) Is there any fixed substantial amount to be shown for us as well as my mothers.
          THE BIGGER THE AMOUNT THE BETTER
          4) What are the things that need to be written on the form DS 156
          5) what is the meaning of " Materialistic changes"? My mom had all her docs from her side (like property ppers, pension etc) and we had sent all the docs from our side
          AT SOME POINT OF TIME DURING THE INTERVIEW, SHE SHOULD ASSERT THAT SHE WILL COME BACK TO INDIA FOR "ABC" REASON.

ALL THE BEST
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X